Hair Removal- Birmingham, Henley in Arden, Solihull and St Albans
We know unwanted body hair is a big deal, and managing it can be a big issue. As early as 1915, Gillette ran a famous advertisement describing body hair as an “embarrassing social problem” that the modern woman couldn’t afford to have. Fast forward a century and the desire for hair removal has never been greater.
Hair Removal Treatment Clinic
Increased cleanliness and hygiene, improved personal appearance, youthfulness and a boost to self-confidence are all key factors in this aspiration. But, using traditional shaving, waxing and depilation methods the path to perfectly smooth, silky soft skin can be a hazardous one littered with burns, nicks, rashes and stubble. At Air Aesthetics, we use the award-winning, NHS-approved Lynton Lumina Laser system, which has a proven track record of providing outstanding hair removal safely and effectively for long-lasting results and noticeably improved skin appearance.
INVEST IN LONG-LASTING BODY CONFIDENCE
There’s no doubt that hair removal leaves you feeling body confident and ready to face the world. The beauty of laser hair removal is that it prevents hair growing back completely so you will no longer need regular expensive wax treatments, depilatory creams, razors or other methods of hair removal to tackle hair re-growth. So, whatever the dress code, you’re always ready to go without anxiety or concern for your skin and its appearance.
Laser treatment is suitable for both men and women to remove unwanted body hair on their bikini line, underarms, back, legs, neck and face.
- No hair re-growth – The laser hair removal procedure kills the follicle and stops new hairs from growing. It also prevents ingrown hairs.
- No need to grow hair before treatment – Unlike with waxing and other hair removal methods where you must have long enough surface hair to enable treatment, with laser removal, you are actually encouraged to shave soon before your session to prevent scorching any of the surface hair. This means you can remain comfortably fuzz-free throughout the whole process.
- Improved skin – laser treatment leaves your skin silky smooth with no red lumps or rashes associated with other hair removal processes.
- Cost-effective investment – Laser treatment is an upfront cost that pays off in the long term. Since hair removal is permanent, you’ll no longer have to spend money on expensive wax treatments, razors, depilatory creams or other hair removal methods.
- Minimal side effects – Laser hair removal has few minor side effects and the ones that do occur last only a few days.
- No down-time – The recovery period is minimal meaning that you can undergo a treatment and carry on with your daily routine straight after.
TACKLING THE ROOT CAUSE OF HAIR GROWTH
When it comes to laser hair removal there is an optimum time to do it to get maximum results. To understand this, it’s important to know how laser hair removal works along with the different stages of hair growth. There are three stages of hair growth:
This is the active phase of hair growth. The cells in the root of the hair are dividing rapidly. A new hair is formed and pushes the club hair (a hair that has stopped growing or is no longer in the anagen phase) up the follicle and eventually out.
During this phase, the hair grows about 1 cm every 28 days. This stage usually lasts for about 2-3 weeks and occurs for both facial and body hair. Successful laser hair removal treatments need the hair to be in the Anagen stage of growth as this is the only time the hair follicle is attached to the bulb. The laser overheats the follicle and the bulb, which will stop future regrowth.
The catagen phase is a transitional stage and about 3% of all hairs are in this phase at any time. This phase lasts for about two to three weeks. This stage is not ideal for permanent hair removal as it is during this stage that the hair begins to shed- this shedding is not the same as after the treatment.
This is the final stage of hair growth and is the one stage where laser treatment cannot be done. During this phase, the hair follicle is completely at rest. This phase lasts for about 100 days for hairs on the scalp and longer for hairs on the eyebrow, eyelash, arm, and leg.
HAIR REMOVAL THAT IS PRECISE, SAFE AND FAST
Laser hair removal works by targeting the hair follicle with laser light. A highly concentrated beam of light is aimed over the hair, this puts the light into the pigmentation of the hair and destroys the follicle. The surrounding tissue remains unaffected. Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
Prior to treatment starting, the hair will be trimmed to a few millimetres above the skin surface and a numbing cream is applied 20- 30 minutes before the laser procedure, to help with the slight sting of the laser pulses. The laser equipment will be adjusted according to the colour, thickness, and location of the hair being treated as well as your skin colour. When the procedure is completed, you may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, or cold water to ease any discomfort. You may schedule your next treatment four to six weeks later. Your treatments will continue until the hair stops growing.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s important to ask lots of questions and fully explore all options available to you. Here are the most popular questions asked.
Have a Question?
You can contact us by phone or by email or by completing the form below.
Is treatment painful?
The feeling of the laser on your skin is like a fast, hot snap; then the laser moves on. It’s certainly less painful than waxing-particularly in sensitive areas like the bikini line.
Who is laser hair removal suitable for?
Those with dark hair against fair skin will notice the best results. Fairer hair will probably require more sessions, but you can still get great results with the right equipment.
What are the limitations of laser hair removal?
You should not treat your eyebrows, genitals or men’s facial hair with laser hair removal. You may also find it is not effective on fine, peach fuzz hair. For this type of fine hair, we recommend Dermaplaning. This is an effective and safe exfoliation procedure. It removes fine hair, making skin look and feel smoother. It will also reduce the appearance of acne scars, diminishes the look of fine lines and works on all skin types giving instant results with no downtime.
Can I remove unwanted hair before treatment?
You should limit plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. That’s because the laser targets the hairs’ roots, which are temporarily removed by waxing or plucking. You can however shave your hair prior to, and in between treatments.
What about after treatment?
- Avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after treatment. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal less effective and makes complications after treatment more likely. Do wear a high factor SPF. After treatments, skin becomes more sensitive to UV rays, so always use a high factor sunscreen to protect it from hyperpigmentation and sensitivity.
- Don’t apply heavy make-up or products for 24 hours after your laser treatment to avoid clogging the skin and causing breakouts.
- Do exfoliate the area gently as it encourages the dead roots to fall out after every treatment and will make your skin look less bumpy and shadowy.
What about risks and recovery?
It’s not unusual for your skin to feel slightly sunburned for a day or two after treatment. Cool compresses and moisturizers may help. If your face was treated, you can wear makeup after 24 hours unless your skin is blistering. Over the next month, the hairs will gradually fall out. It may take a few sessions before you notice results but you can continue to shave until it takes effect. You may notice some slight alterations to the pigment of the skin – it may get marginally lighter or darker, but this is usually only temporary. Overall, most people find they recover from laser hair removal very quickly with minimal side effects and no complications. The recovery period is so short that you could even have a session during your lunch break and return to work with no issues.